Tuesday, September 30, 2008

HELP!!

Okay, I need some advice. 

 I have this super sweet daughter that is having some issues.  For those of you who know Selah, you know that she is a fun, happy-go-lucky little lady.  Well, she is also quite the Mother-Hen.  

Selah is having a huge issue with going to school lately because she says she doesn't have friends.  

According to her teacher Selah is very friendly, but she also has a tendency of being quite the tattle-tale, mother-hen, miss boss.  So, at times, she is SO concerned about everyone else's business except her own.  I will admit that she comes by this naturally. I had a problem at times with wanting to be the boss.  (still do;)

#1 I need help with trying to get her to want to go to school
#2 I need help to get her to stop being 'mother-hennish'

Any advice will be GREAT!!!
 

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Hmm, maybe I'm not helping? I thought that if she got a shot of "confidence" in herself, then running about everybody elses business would be such an issue.

Just a shot in the dark here, but sometimes if you're really good at finding the faults or troubles with others, then you feel boulstered in your own preceived shortcomings.

I understand being the 'mother hen'. I used to be that way. *cough* Instead of tattling, I would just be fearful of their pending, painful misfortune or horrific death. "Grandma" was my nickname and I have the ulcers at 25 to prove it.

Who knows... Maybe you should call Dr. Laura!

~Stacey

Stacey said...

Okay, way cute background! Forgot to mention that while I was psycho-babbling like an idoit.

~Stacey

nevertheless said...

You only have one girl, so maybe that is the way we girls were meant to be - mother hen. I totally wouldn't worry about the hen thing. The world will beat her spirit soon enough. School is an excellent place to soften one's edges. So just love her and look forward to the amazing person she is going to be ...PTA President...RS President...President of the world.

As far as the chicken thing goes just love her and be open to her insight. You stay close, but you don't need to keep her close.

mandbrid said...

Good Luck! ;-) She's a sweetie and I like her A LOT. I'm sure I'll be back to ask for advice as Bronwyn gets to this stage too.
Miss your smiling face!